Friday, September 12, 2014

2014 Sierra Mist Cranberry Splash!


This happens at the start of every Halloween Countdown, just when things are starting to turn spooky outside, here comes Sierra Mist Cranberry Splash to remind everyone that the Christmas Season is right around the proverbial corner.

I am alright with this.

As a matter of fact I've sort of come to embrace the idea that you can celebrate both seasons almost simultaneously. It is strange. It is interesting. And I enjoy it. I like the notion that I can walk into Hobby Lobby, fill a cart with plastic pumpkins and vampires... then walk an isle over and find Santa sitting next to an ornate looking tree.

But I digress. We have Sierra Mist to speak about. And this year there is a surprisingly large amount of stuff to mention. Well, by large amount... I mean probably another paragraph.

This year there is at least another paragraph worth of stuff mentioning.

It is still a little to early to know for sure, but it seems to me the overarching theme of 2014 is new package designs. All of our old friends are coming back but this year they've got some fancy new school clothing. Thanks Mr. Obama.

I wholeheartedly approve this decision. One of my big gripes is stagnant package designs on season products. I love knowing that certain items will release every year, Halloween Oreo's... Cranberry Splash... Count Chocula, just to name a few. I hate when they recycle the same look as the previous year. It is my belief that every year they should create something new. Give us fans something to be excited about.

If memory serves me correctly, I think this is the third overall design that Cranberry Splash has went through. I dig the fact that it is sporting an overall red label this year. With just a hint of green on it, giving it that sort of unofficial Christmas look that I am pretty sure Cranberry Splash is meant to invoke.

I still wish they would just go for it and stick a bunch of Christmas Trees and snowflakes all over it and just call the shit what we all recognize it as: the best Christmas beverage of the season.

Regardless here it is. While it is way to early to start decorating the tree, it is never to early to start drinking Cranberry Splash. And if you guys decide to watch "Christmas Vacation" tonight... promise I won't tell anybody.

No comments:

Post a Comment