Friday, August 30, 2013

Sierra Mist Cranberry Splash 2013!


Each time I go to the gas station I always make a quick pass through the soda isle. Limited Edition flavors and all around new beverages are a fickle thing, when you expect them to show up they never do... but as soon as you quit paying attention like eight of them spring up out of hiding. All vying for your attention at the exact same time.

Today, Sierra Mist Cranberry Splash has made its way out of hibernation and is once again ready to help usher in the coming holiday season. I've wrote about this stuff so many times that I've actually lost count, but much like Halloween Oreo's are among the first products to showcase the arrival of the Halloween Season... Cranberry Splash is always one of the first for Christmas Season. And to not write about them seems like such a shame.

So has anything changed for 2013? Nope. This is the exact same soda that we've had for years now... and I wouldn't have it any other way. The taste is great, it's still one of the few cranberry flavored drinks that I actually like. I'd even go so far as to say that I legitimately like this flavor and would welcome it year round.

I still think the package could benefit from more of a traditional holiday theme considering everyone pretty much views Cranberry Splash as the unofficial soft drink of holidays. I don't think I'd go so far as to stick Santa's fat ass on the front of the bottle, but a couple intersecting X-MAS tree branches .... convert those berries into bulbs and stick a few loose presents down towards the bottom and you'd be able to improve Cranberry Splash's seasonal looks by ten fold.

And it always hits right before the start of the Halloween Season too. Just when things are starting to get spooky and creepy Cranberry Splash shows up to remind everyone that in a couple short months we'll all be praising the return of Santa Claus and dashing through mounds of snow.

4 comments:

  1. I found this in September last year and was surprised to see it so soon. I associate it with Christmas, too, but when I see it between now and December, it can't be passed up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly! The stuff is to good to avoid... even if Santa is the last thing I want to think about right now.

      Delete
  2. My walmart has had this in stock all year long which has kept me very happy ..but I have been wondering if it was sold all year or what was up ...its always within about 2 or 3 months from being expired ...and its there every time I go wonder if the store just set it up that way or what

    ReplyDelete
  3. My walmart has had this in stock all year long which has kept me very happy ..but I have been wondering if it was sold all year or what was up ...its always within about 2 or 3 months from being expired ...and its there every time I go wonder if the store just set it up that way or what

    ReplyDelete