Wednesday, August 14, 2013

2013 Halloween Oreos & Other Halloween Pickups!


Chips Ahoy Halloween Cookies!
Click for Larger Image!
The 2013 Halloween Season has arrived! I don't care what the calender says, its time to kick off my annual coverage of all things spooky and creepy! Starting with none other than the glorious return of Halloween Oreo's for the season!

A cornerstone of the holiday and clear backbone to the season, my love for Halloween Oreo's will never die. Even when Nabisco hits us with a trillion other limited edition flavors like they've been doing in recent years, the Halloween kind will always feel extra special.

Perhaps its the orange frosting. Or the spooky package design. Whatever the reason may be Halloween Oreo's have became the defining item that I look forward to seeing at the start of every Halloween Season!

2013 Halloween Candy!
Click for Larger Image!
As you can see the look for this years package hasn't change from the prior years design. I still stand by my complains... not enough orange and far to much blue. It's one of the weaker looking designs Nabisco has created over the years but it still gets the job done.

I had hoped for an entirely new design but am honestly not that surprised to see a rehash of last years package. It's sort of became the norm for Halloween Oreo's to keep the same artwork for at least two years in a row before switching to something different.

2013 Halloween Candy!

Halloween branded Chips Ahoy Cookies have been around for a couple years now and quickly turned into a 'new favorite' of mine. Much like Halloween Oreo's they always seem to be one of the first bits of seasonal item to be released every year. Which is an approach they really benefit from.

One of the things I've learned about the Halloween Season of the course of running these countdowns  (of which I am entering my 4th year!) is that unlike the Christmas Season which starts a slow build in November and eventually reaches its peak on Christmas Eve is that Halloween tends to have a slow pre-build of excitement that happens right now before hitting a peak level of interest in early October before eventually burning itself out by the 31st.

I really don't know what the point of that last paragraph was supposed to be but basically what I think I was trying to get at is this: the time to gush and enjoy the smaller seasonal items is right now. Chips Ahoy and Oreo cookies that have been re-branded for the unholiest of holidays are a dish best served now rather than waiting until later.

And speaking of the right now, I've decided that sometime within the next couple days I will be converting the website over into its Halloween Theme! I hope you guys are ready because this years countdown is going to be bigger and (hopefully) better than ever before.

I'm super excited for this time of year to finally be back. It's no secret that the fall and winter seasons are my favorite. All you have to do is look at the number of articles I publish then and compare them to what happens during the summer months to see this is true.

In recent years I've stolen a phrase previously used to describe the Christmas Season and turned it into a more of a blanket term to define the Halloween Season through Christmas and just a little ways past New Years (when the last remaining bits of the holidays are swept away) ... I call this time The Most Wonderful Time of the Year and am so happy that its almost that time again!


No comments:

Post a Comment