Saturday, April 27, 2013

I Found 'Frosty's Winter Wonderland' !


Click for Larger Image!
Today I found "Frosty's Winter Wonderland" on DVD and there was absolutely no way I was going home without it planted firmly in hand.

And of all days to find a cartoon with the word winter in the title, it would be the first real 'summer' day of the year. One in which the temperature topped out at 75.

For the first time in forever you could walk outside without the need for seventeen long sleeve shirts and three winter jackets.

And yet Frosty ties in perfectly with the slight change in direction that I have in mind for this website. I've been doing some thinking... some serious thinking and came to the conclusion that just because I've previously limited the holiday festivities to the months of October through December doesn't mean that is how things have to stay.

So after much deliberation I've decided that I'll be writing more Halloween and Christmas content throughout the entire year. Folks, its what I do and what I do best. So why not indulge in the good stuff year round?

I've always wanted to visit a blog that is specific to the holidays, only with new content posted year long. And I could never find one that seemed to fit the bill for what I had in mind So why not create it myself? This is exactly what I am going to do.

I can make this work but only if I follow one very important rule. Moderation. I'm not going to go hit everyone in the face with Christmas or Halloween as soon as you click on this blog. As a matter of fact, 90% of the content that I typically post won't change at all. And there will still be the massive end of the year countdowns leading up to everyone's favorite seasons.

What you will be seeing are smaller, bite sized posts like this one. The search for the holidays is sort of like a huge scavenger hunt. One with little pieces and parts spread out all over the place. If you know where to look you can find those fragments, regardless of what month the calendar says it is.

It is during this hunt that I located this copy of  "Frosty's Winter Wonderland" on DVD. Sitting in a big dump bin full of used Nintendo Wii titles at a local grocery store. I'm confident that this movie is leftover from the 2012 Holiday Season as I remember this specific store having a big display with these classic cartoons on it.

I've not decided when exactly I will watch this one. I think I'll save it for later on this summer, perhaps on one of those long hot July days. That sounds like the perfect time to indulge in a little Winter Wonderland!

No comments:

Post a Comment