Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Christmas with Ben Franklin in April

Holiday 2013
Click for Larger Image!!
See that photo off to the left? I took it a couple days ago with my cell phone. No, your eyes do not deceive you, that is indeed a Christmas Section standing proud and true on April 24th. Not a clearance sign in sight.

And there is a reason for that. It's technically not leftover from last season. It's a holiday isle that sits out year round. And its in my favorite store in the entire world.

Tucked away in a small town about thirty minutes drive from house lives this fine establishment. A Ben Franklin retail store.

Perhaps you've heard of them. The used to be quite popular years back but with the explosion of larger retail chains, finding a functioning Ben Franklin that's still in business has became increasingly harder.

It's a shame to because these old stores have quite a charm to them. One that you cannot find in the massive isles of Wal-Mart. I've always been fond of this particular store due to how seemingly random the entire place is.

They have a long standing habit of never really removing its seasonal items. Instead a bunch of stuff just gets moved to the back of the store and put on this shelf. This same shelf. Been this way for literally as long as I can remember.

For someone who really enjoys the holidays, having this one spot that I can visit any time of year and find a little slice of December waiting... it's bliss. All the major areas are covered. Snowmen. Trees. Trains. Wreaths. Santa Claus. It is all here. Even if 90% of it is crap that I'd never actually purchase, the idea of such a place existing is what makes it so special.

As we move on with the 2013 Summer Season, I just want you guys to know that someplace in the back of my mind is this very isle. Knowing that in a few short months it'll be time to push it back into the forefront. I'm already excited!


No comments:

Post a Comment