Tuesday, December 25, 2012

Merry Christmas & Candy Cane Oreos!


Merry Christmas Everyone! I know its late in the day and by the time most of you will get around to reading this the holiday will be over. That's alright. Most of us are ready to move on from the madness that is Christmas.

I hope you all received whatever was jotted down on your Amazon Wish List with a few surprises mixed in. The surprises are what Christmas is all about.

Click for Larger Image!
Here is my 'haul' for the year. My family has never been one to go completely overboard with gifts. At least not for a long time now, anyway. Working from left to right you can see a the two disc version of Tim Burton's Batman film, already watched that one this afternoon... if not for nostalgia it would be tough to recommend it to a younger audience who only knows Christopher Nolan's films.

Next is Max Payne 3 for the Xbox 360, a kick ass Walking Dead sweatshirt, black embroidered Vikings football, Vikings watch, Jared Allen and Adrian Peterson cards (with cases and stands), one huge Minnesota Vikings sign, that I plan on getting filled with player autographs, and in the very back is a shirt and hat combo filled with lots of skulls and whatnot.

Of course the real reason why we are here today is not to discuss what Santa brought me for Christmas. Nope, we have far more important things to talk about then that. Folks... I've saved the best item for last: Candy Cane Oreos are an honest to god thing that exists!

Click for Larger Image!
Astute readers may remember back during October when I wrote about Candy Corn Oreos I made a half hearted joke about candy cane flavored ones showing up in December. Turns out I was correct.

These babies arrived in early December, possibly as an exclusive to Target (I'm not spending the 30 seconds it would take to Google that) and if you are quick enough... could probably still score a package or two before retailers pack up and put Christmas into hibernation.

Click for Larger Image!
Trust me, they are well worth tracking down. I'll save you guys the normal long winded review of the packaging, the sights, and the smells that come along with Candy Cane Oreos and keep it simple (after-all it is Christmas). These cookies are great.

They look like Christmas, smell like Christmas... feel like Christmas. Candy Cane Oreos are the perfect item to bridge the gap between taking down all the sights and sounds of the holidays while still holding onto a little piece of the season that you can call your own.

And when you've finally ate the last of these Oreos... saying goodbye to the holiday season will be all the easier.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Years! I'll be back in 2013 with all new kinds of content.

1 comment: