Tuesday, September 11, 2012

White Chocolate Candy Corn M&M's !

Halloween M&Ms

White Chocolate Candy Corn M&M's are one of the first Halloween items to hit shelves in 2012. Which is not really all that surprising, candy is always among the earliest spooky items to hit the market. You just know that when you start seeing candy corn for sale... Halloween is not far behind.

It seems that the brain-heads behind M&M's decided that they needed to capitalize on the candy corn market and create a hybrid M&M / candy corn monster. Thus, White Chocolate Candy Corn M&M's are born.


And you know what, they are not even the best candy corn substitute on the market this year. That honor goes to Candy Corn Oreo's. Yes, I know about them.


It also turns out that White Chocolate Candy Corn M&M's are a product of 2011. So technically I am about a year behind in writing about them. Let's pretend they are new for 2012. Halloween is the season for make believe right?


Halloween M&Ms
Click for Larger Image!
The package hits the perfect combination of both fall and Halloween, a decidedly tough combo to achieve. What I enjoy most is the Red M&M dressed up as a piece of candy corn. Which seems innocent at first, a simple play on M&M's that taste like candy corn. No. Its far creepier then that. Allow me to explain.

This is exactly like that scene in The Devils Rejects in which Bill Moseley cuts the skin off that country singer dude and turns it into the single greatest Halloween costume ever crafted.


Think about it, Red is a piece of candy dressed up as another piece of candy. Clearly he killed and hallowed out some poor piece of candy corn and is now currently dressed up in its remains. Just look at the look on the smug bastards face. Cold blooded killer.

 
Halloween M&Ms
Click for Larger Image!
Upon first glance, you may think that you are looking at a bowl full of Reese's Pieces. White Chocolate Candy Corn M&M's are deceptive like that. Realistically, I think this is a combination industrial plastic and styrophome packaging peanuts.

To put it bluntly White Chocolate Candy Corn M&M's taste like shit.


Marks have been missed. Goals have been overshot and heads have been severed. Folks, we have M&M's that don't taste anything like M&M's ... and don't taste a thing like candy corn either.

Color me perplexed. Here is an item that I would love to get behind that somehow just falls completely flat on its face. It stinks but it is the unfortunate truth. 2012 has a lot of really good candy items that I will be covering throughout the remainder of the countdown and there is no point in wasting your hard earned cash on a junky item such as this.

7 comments:

  1. I am laughing out loud about the homicidal M & M! He DOES look smug now that you mention it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That Red M&M always looks smug. Always!

      Delete
  2. That makes me sad, they should be wonderful. although, I don't want to eat candy with a smug skin wearing serial killer on the cover. That is in bad taste.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had high hopes for these when I found them in the store, but needless to say NOBODY in my house is eating them. It is sort of the silent agreement that they suck and will be thrown out at Octobers end.

      Delete
  3. Wow, this ρаragraph is niсe, my siѕteг iѕ analyzing
    such things, so I am going to tell her.
    Also see my web page > loans for bad credit

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, that's what I was searching for, what a information! existing here at this blog, thanks admin of this website.

    My webpage instant cash
    my web site: instant cash

    ReplyDelete
  5. Greеtings, І do think your ωebsite mау
    be having brоωseг comρatibility problеms.
    Whenever I take a looκ at yοur web site in Safari,
    it looks fine howеѵer when oρеning in
    Intеrnet Eхplorer, іt has some overlapping іssues.
    I juѕt wanted to giѵe you a quick heads
    up! Othеr thаn that, eхсellent sіte!


    Here is my site: Engagement Rings

    ReplyDelete