Thursday, February 9, 2012

Fangoria February - Video Horrorama!

Fangoria February is a month long celebration dedicated to the grooviest horror movie magazine ever created... FANGORIA!
Click for Larger Image!
Thanks to the internet it is relatively easy to track down even some of the most obscure horror movies ever created. Mainstream websites like amazon and e-bay are the easiest way to get almost anything you could ever imagine delivered directly to your door. And if you are looking for something a little bit tougher to track down, even the most illusive of un-released films (such as the producers cut of Halloween 6) are no more than a couple mouse clicks away from being apart of your DVD collection.

However this didn't use to be the case. You either had to drive to a store that specialized in these obscure horror films or thanks to the Video Horrorama section in Fangoria  you could simply order VHS copies of these tapes and get them sent directly to your house. Think of this as the original Amazon "we recommend" list. It's fun to go back and look at some of these flicks. For every Creepshow or Demons that pops up there is ten other Alien Prey or Blood Link films that time has sort of forgotten about.

Check out the prices for some of these movies. The advent of the DVD and the ease of the internet means at most you shouldn't pay any more than $25 for a hard to find film. Here you can see VHS copies of Creepers and Bloody Birthday that cost $79.95! Video Horrorama is another great example of how Fangoria went above and beyond simply writing cool articles. They also provided unique services and access to things that you simply could not walk into the store and purchase.

21 comments:

  1. Whats up very nice website!! Guy .. Excellent .. Wonderful .
    . I'll bookmark your blog and take the feeds also? I am glad to search out numerous helpful information right here within the put up, we'd like develop
    more techniques on this regard, thanks for sharing. . . . .
    .

    my page: Private Krankenversicherung Vergleich Gesetzliche

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice post. I just stumbled upon your blog and wanted to
    say that I've really enjoyed browsing your blog posts. After all I will be subscribing to your feed and I hope you write again very soon!

    Also visit my homepage ... canary island vacations

    ReplyDelete
  3. A fascinating discussion is definitely worth comment.
    I do believe that you need to write more on this topic, it might not be a taboo matter but typically people
    do not speak about these subjects. To the next! Best wishes!

    !

    my page; website seo services

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your blog.. very nice colors & theme. Did you design this website yourself or did you hire someone to do it for you?
    Plz answer back as I'm looking to create my own blog and would like to know where u got this from. many thanks

    Here is my web page; familienversicherung krankenkasse

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fastidious answers in return of this query
    with real arguments and telling everything on the topic of that.


    My web-site: online kredite ohne schufa

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi there to all, it's genuinely a fastidious for me to go to see this web page, it contains valuable Information.

    Feel free to visit my web page :: web hosting windows

    ReplyDelete
  7. continuously i used to read smaller content which as well clear their motive,
    and that is also happening with this paragraph which I am reading here.



    my web blog :: gesetzliche freiwillige krankenversicherung

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello my family member! I want to say that this article is awesome,
    great written and come with approximately all vital infos.
    I would like to look extra posts like this .


    Here is my web site bad credit home mortgage loans

    ReplyDelete
  9. You are so cool! I do not suppose I've read through anything like that before. So good to discover someone with some genuine thoughts on this subject matter. Really.. thanks for starting this up. This website is something that is required on the web, someone with some originality!

    My blog; gesetzliche und private krankenversicherung

    ReplyDelete
  10. I really love your blog.. Excellent colors & theme. Did you develop this web site yourself?
    Please reply back as I'm wanting to create my own site and want to find out where you got this from or exactly what the theme is called. Appreciate it!

    my site - Marken online shops

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a information of un-ambiguity and preserveness
    of precious familiarity concerning unexpected feelings.


    Feel free to visit my web page Suggested Internet page

    ReplyDelete
  12. Tremendous things here. I'm very glad to peer your post. Thank you so much and I am having a look forward to touch you. Will you kindly drop me a e-mail?

    Here is my web page - die g├╝nstigste Krankenversicherung

    ReplyDelete
  13. Excellent web site you have got here.. It's hard to find good quality writing like yours nowadays. I really appreciate people like you! Take care!!

    My blog post: Credit Card consolidation

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi my family member! I want to say that this post is awesome,
    nice written and come with approximately all vital infos.
    I would like to peer extra posts like this .

    Here is my web blog; krankenversicherung vergleich

    ReplyDelete
  15. It's amazing in favor of me to have a web site, which is beneficial for my know-how. thanks admin

    Feel free to visit my web blog :: amelia island vacations
    My website: Mom Blog Society-Bringing Brands & Bloggers Together From Around The World

    ReplyDelete
  16. Having read this I believed it was really enlightening.

    I appreciate you spending some time and energy to put this article
    together. I once again find myself personally spending way too much time both reading and posting comments.
    But so what, it was still worthwhile!

    my blog post reise krankenversicherung vergleich

    ReplyDelete
  17. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  18. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  19. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  20. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  21. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete