Friday, February 24, 2012

Fangoria February - ET Mask!

Fangoria February is a month long celebration dedicated to the grooviest horror movie magazine ever created... FANGORIA!
Click for Larger Image!
Occasionally Fangoria tends to have some strange content tucked away within its pages. And not just your typical horror movie strange, I am talking the Official E.T. Mask kind of strange. Although I guess it really isn't that big of a stretch to figure that Fangoria would want a piece of 1982's hottest flick, 'E.T. The Extra-Terrestrial'. Pretty much anything that featured the bizarre little aliens face sold like hotcakes. Hell even things indirectly related to the film seen an increase in sales. Reese's Pieces famously saw a jump in sales after the release of the flick. But I must say, I find the dull lifeless eyes of this mask to be soul piercing and creepy. Not quite as much as the other two items being advertised on this page, though:

Click for Larger Image!
Umm... the hell? I will freely admit its been a long time since I last seen this movie but what are these characters? Pod Peasant? Aughra? I don't know what I am looking at here... but I am not a fan of either of them. For starters the Aughra mask looks like the Grench bent over a Bumble, fucked it in the ass and had this for an offspring. Apparently I need to go back and watch E.T. and look for the deleted 'Grinch fucking Bumble' scene. Maybe that's on the Blu-Ray special edition.

The Pod Peasant likes like a Dilophosaurus (the tar spitting dinosaur from Jurassic Park) wearing a red beanie hat... with hair. This whole page strikes me as bizarre and I feel like I don't understand a single thing on it.  I also cannot figure out why Aughra is almost $20 more than the E.T. mask. It's like we have fallen into some strange alternative dimension here folks. Or maybe I am slowly loosing my mind writing so many articles in a single month.

1 comment:

  1. Aughra and the Pod Peasant are from The Dark Crystal(great movie by the way). I don't want to explain it all, but the movie is great. The creatures are Jim Henson(he directed this movie with Frank Oz) creations, and there are parts of this movie that really freaked me out back in the day, and it still has a kind of spooky vibe to me today. Anyway, check it out, and I;m sure your questions will be answered.

    ReplyDelete