Friday, November 4, 2011

Christmas Tree Cakes Return!

Click for Larger Image!
Folks, we have arrived. Take a look around the website and you will notice that Halloween is gone and there will be nary a mention of it for the next couple of months. In place of ghosts and goblins we have snowflakes and gingerbread men. I am excited. Welcome to the 2011 Christmas Countdown! For the next two months we are going to take a look at some of the biggest and brightest things that relate to the season. Toys, Games, Food and Drink will all be covered and someplace in the middle of this holiday mayhem lies Thanksgiving. I want to do something for the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade but I do not quite know what. But I figure since most tend to lump November and December into one gigantic holiday season, it will be alright to cover Thanksgiving during the Christmas Countdown.

Now, on with the show as they say. I could not think of a more fitting first entry into the 2011 Christmas Countdown than the smashing return of Christmas Tree Cakes! I write about a lot of seasonal food products but Christmas Tree Cakes are hands down my favorite of the bunch, with Halloween Oreo's coming in a close second place. They have that rare hard to define quality were there is just something about them that makes them feel special. Over the course of a year we see lots of attempts to create products that taste the same, look the same, and heck realistically aren't most of these Little Debbie snacks basically the same? Yet for some reason these Christmas Tree's stand head and shoulders above the rest.

Click for Larger Image!

Here are the cakes. The holy grail of seasonal snack food. I love them, love to look at them, love to touch them, love to smell them, love to eat them, love to digest them. Everything is just perfect. Christmas Tree Cakes manage to encapsulate everything that is great about the holidays and package it in a perfectly edible form. Christmas Tree Cakes are delicious and I suggest that if you are one of the few people who have not tried them that you head out to the store and purchase a box for yourself. Also, they photograph really well. Its been interesting switching from trying to make things look spooky to attempting to make things look cheerful but when your taking photographs for an item as beloved as Christmas Tree Cakes it is fairly hard to muck up that process. Lets take a quick look at the front of the box:

Click for Larger Image!
Nothing has changed packaging wise. But then again I am not so sure I would want anything to be different. There are times when I hate seeing recycled packages every year, I like the Count Chocula's of the world to feature a new design every single year. Other items, such as these, I am perfectly complacent with them looking identical year in and year out. I am not sure why, exactly. I think it is simply because the two holidays are so drastically different from one another. Halloween is all about embracing the chaos of a dying, changing season while Christmas resonates more on that warm feeling you get on the inside from celebrating the same traditions every year. I guess it comes down to wanting Halloween to be different and enjoying Christmas because it is the same. Pretty deep thoughts for a simple box of snack food cakes, isn't it.

Believe it or not I really do not have a whole lot more to say about Christmas Tree Cakes. Oh sure, I could probably force another couple paragraphs out of the front of the box and yet another on how it includes bonus tags on the back of the package and because of them I have not had to purchase any for like eight years straight. But honestly, I think we have covered everything we need to cover and said everything we need to say. Christmas Tree Cakes are always one of the first XMAS related products to hit store shelves and purchasing a box early is always one of my favorite holiday traditions!

2 comments:

  1. The site looks nice and very cheery! And I think you've convinced my to buy these Christmas Tree Cakes the next time I see them, which should be VERY soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! It was harder than I thought to find a proper Christmas background for the website. I am quite pleased with how everything looks. Funny how quick it changed from Halloween though, isn't it. I am glad you will be checking out the Christmas Tree Cakes, you will not regret it!

    ReplyDelete