Thursday, November 4, 2010

Tis The Season (For Christmas Tree Cakes)

 I was at the grocery store the other day wandering through the isles, mostly looking for some kind of interesting Halloween themed product that I might have missed in October. When out of the corner of my eye I spotted something oh so much more pleasant... Christmas Tree Cakes!


Photobucket
Christmas Tree Cakes and Halloween Milk?

Deep down we all know that out of the "Big Three" Holidays... Halloween is sort of the bastard child of the bunch. Sure, most companies are maybe willing to put a couple of black bats and a pumpkin or two on the packaging (and with the exception of Halloween Oreo's) most really don't have that many Halloween themed products. Christmas, on the other hand, gets all kinds of exclusive products. I wrote about Cranberry Splash a couple of days ago but that is just the tip of the iceberg. The really cool stuff is just now starting to hit the store shelves.

Christmas Tree Cakes. Christmas Tree Cakes. Words cannot describe my love for Christmas Tree Cakes. You know that war in the middle east? It's because these things are only sold for a couple of months at the end of the year. Seriously! It's part of the charm of the season, knowing that you had better buy the fuck out of them right now because come February you'll be shit out of luck if you want to eat a pint sized piece of cake shaped like a tree. I've never really payed close enough attention  to know if Little Debbie sells similar products year round. But honestly... fuck that I'm not here to write about  March's generic non-tree shaped cake equivalent. I want the Christmas kind. With Santa's Jolly Red Ass on the front the free Holiday tags on the back. I also found Halloween themed chocolate milk.

Photobucket
Yes. That is in fact a pumpkin drinking milk through a straw.

Yes. You read that right. Halloween. Themed. Milk. Who knew that such a product even existed? I find it hard to believe that I went the entire month of October and failed to find it earlier. Never has so much awesome come together on one single package. We have cats. We have bats. We have a pumpkin. We have the word "Boolicious".  We have Halloween flavored Chocolate Milk! For those of you wondering what exactly Halloween Flavored Chocolate Milk tastes like... no it doesn't taste like candy corn, it's just a regular half gallon of chocolate milk. Milk is milk... but ones with pumpkins on the front are heaven.

I'm tempted to keep the jug of milk. Not full... mind you. Not even I could justify keeping a half gallon of chocolate milk past the expiration date simply because of its sticker... but keeping an empty half gallon of Halloween themed Chocolate Milk. Maybe. Time will tell. Usually things that end in the "I can't possibly throw this away" pile are reserved for limited edition packages with Spider-Man on the front cover or hear today gone tomorrow flavors of soda. That pile is starting to get awfully large. Some day I'll write about said pile.

In the mean time, while I figure out of this jug of milk is really worth saving... I suggest you guys head out to the store and pick up some Christmas Tree Cakes. I promise I'll stop writing about food here shortly too. 8-)

No comments:

Post a Comment