Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Halloween Depression and Call of Duty

It should be obvious to anyone who reads the stuff that I write that I enjoy the Holiday seasons. I love Halloween and while I enjoy Christmas I don't quite have the same level of enthusiasm for Santa Clause that I have for The Great Pumpkin. On this November 16th of 2010 I made a trip to the store and finally realized that every square inch of Halloween has been removed and Christmas is in full swing. The first time this happens is always really sort of depressing. I mean not real depression or anything... but its totally enough to make you feel sad.

Its an odd feeling. Spending so much time and effort all year long on making Halloween the absolute best it can be that when its over with you sort of have to sit back and ask yourself "alright now what did I do before all this mayhem?"

Thankfully, though, there are certain cures for this post Halloween depression. Namely "Costume Quest" for the PSN/XBL. This game is fantastic and a great way to really feel the season and spirit of Halloween. Even though I just recently hit 100% in this game, meaning that I've finished literally everything the game has to offer. I'll probably hit it up for a second play through here in a couple of weeks.

Another great quick fix, and one of my favorite Halloween related stores, Fright Catalog is a great year round Halloween resource. It sort of sucks immediately after the Holiday they're pretty much sold out of everything. Ironically enough, come Christmas time they'll start to re-stock everything and close to New Years you'll slowly start to see the "New For 2011" products.

I also wanted to really quickly mention that I picked up the latest Call of Duty for the Playstation 3. Wow. I've been missing out. In my stubbornness to accept its success (because anything that popular must suck, right?) ... hell I was wrong. Its awesome. Haven't tried the multiplayer yet but the single player is good fun. Early on there was a scene that had you on a motorcycle shooting a shotgun. Doesn't get much better then that!

3 comments:

  1. Hello. I got to your site about 3 months ago from X-E. Just checking in to show some support, and wondering if you're going to post anything for the Christmas season. If you like the content over on X-E, you might enjoy my site. Visit and let me know what you think.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the love, Jason! This website / blog is still in its growing stages right now. I don't get much traffic on here so any sort of feedback is always (much) appreciated! I actually do have a Christmas related article that I'm getting ready to post. I've been having problems with the website that I use to upload photos too (ie: its not working!) otherwise... it actually would have been posted about three days ago. But keep checking back, hopefully it will be up here shortly.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is online sources Radio controlled toys. Many types toys are runner from remote controlled. Radio controlled toys are best effectively of our life. One of the most exciting hobbies are RC (radio controlled) toys in this time of boys.

    ReplyDelete